How to Factory Reset Alexa Echo Dot (1st, 2nd, 3rd Generation Echo)
To factory reset your Amazon Echo device all you need is a tiny hairpin or a pointed object like a toothpick. Listed below are the steps to factory reset your Echo device:
- Before you start, you need to know that by factory resetting your Amazon Echo device, all your settings, and even your account will be erased.
- To factory reset first you need to locate a tiny hole like an opening on the bottom of your device.
- Stick the paper clip or toothpick down the hole and press it.
- Hold it down for 5-8 seconds.
- After you are done pressing it, an orange light will appear.
- The orange light will confirm that the process of factory resetting is complete.
That is all you need to do for factory resetting your Echo or Echo Dot but if you are still facing any difficulties with your device you can always get help at the Amazon Alexa helpline number from certified professional technicians who will instantly help you to troubleshoot your device.