How to Connect Alexa to Wifi and Echo to Wifi Hotspot (Step By Step Guide)
How to Connect Alexa to Wifi and Echo to Wifi Hotspot (Step By Step Guide Fix)
After getting a new Amazon Echo smart speaker or any other Alexa compatible device, you will need to set it up by connecting it to your Wi-Fi network. In order to setup your Echo smart speaker or any other Alexa smart device, you will first need to download the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone or computer. Alexa app is available on Android, iOS and windows operating system. If you need any expert help, you can contact the Amazon Alexa Echo helpline number and a qualified technician will assist you further. You can also follow the steps below to connect your Alexa to the internet:
Simple Way to Connect Alexa to Internet
- First, download the Alexa app on your smartphone or computer.
- Open the Alexa app and sign up for a new Amazon account.
- Then open the settings menu on the app.
- Select the type of your Echo device.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and complete the process.
- Once the process is complete the Alexa will let you know.
My Echo not flashing Orange Light Ring
If your Echo smart speaker is not flashing Orange light then press and hold the Action Button for 5 seconds. When the Echo light turns orange, follow the steps below:
- Now connect Alexa to the internet. For this, go to the Wi-Fi settings of your smartphone and select the Amazon network.
- Now return to Alexa app and click on connect to wi-fi option.
- A list of Wi-Fi networks will appear, select the network you want to connect with Alexa.
- Once Alexa connects to the internet, a message will be displayed on the screen to let you know that you are connected.
How to Connect Alexa App to New Wi-Fi Network
If you want to connect Alexa to the internet which you got recently or want to update the existing Wi-Fi network with a new password then step ahead to the following points.
- Open up the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Select the menu option, then click on settings.
- Select the type of Echo smart speaker.
- Tap on the update wi-fi option.
- Choose the connect to wi-fi option.
- Select the wi-fi network you want to connect with your Alexa.
- Follow the on screen instructions and complete the process.
- Now your Echo smart speaker is connected to the internet.
How to Connect Echo Device to a Wi-Fi Hotspot
To connect your Echo smart speaker to a Wi-Fi hotspot on your smartphone, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, turn on the wi-fi hotspot on your smartphone.
- Make a note of the username and password for your hotspot setup.
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone and then select the devices option.
- Now select your device type from the list.
- Click on change wi-fi network.
- Scroll down to select use this device as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Then click on start.
- Now enter the wi-fi hotspot username and password and then click on connect.
- Follow the instructions on screen and your Echo is ready to use.
Above are some of the ways to connect your Alexa to the internet. However, if you are facing some issues connecting your Alexa Echo smart speaker to the internet, you can get help from certified technicians at the Amazon Alexa Echo helpline number and your issue will be resolved instantly.